STRAX:INTERIM REPORT NO 1 FOR THE FINANCIAL YEAR 2017
STRAX, the mobile accessory specialist, continues to show strong growth in North America
· The Group’s sales for the period January 1 – March 31, 2017, amounted to MEUR 20.3 (20.2), gross margin amounted to 27.0 (23.9) percent. The Q1 2017 report is the first in which STRAX reports in EUR following a decision at an EGM held on December 22, 2016 to change the reporting currency from SEK to EUR.
· The Group’s result for the period January 1 – March 31, 2017, amounted to MEUR 0.0 (0,1) corresponding to EUR 0.00 (0.00) per share. Equity as at March 31, 2017 amounted to MEUR 18.2 (11.1) corresponding to EUR 0.15 (0.09) per share.
· Trailing 12 months’ revenues Q1 2017 amounted to MEUR 92.0 (83.4). The scalable growth model shows greater increase in profitability in relation to growth of revenues, EBITDA on a trailing 12 month basis amounted to MEUR 8.3 (3.9).
· During the period, STRAX signed an exclusive contract with Tessco Technologies for STRAX proprietary brands in the US. STRAX won a multi-tiered tender with mobilcom-debitel in Germany to exclusively supply all sales channels with mobile accessories and connected devices, and Orange won GSMA GLOMO Awards at Mobile World Congress VR1 in the category of Best Mobile Wearable Technology with a VR headset developed in cooperation with STRAX.
· After the end of the period STRAX launched its first Vodafone branded protection range for three Vodafone devices brought to the market in Q2 and rolled out the mobilcom-debitel accessories offering.
”The year got off to a mixed start amid slowdown in retail and smartphone sales in most global markets, and focus has been on growing our presence in North America and the Middle East, whilst retaining market share in Western Europe. Gear4 and Urbanista continue to perform well across all our markets and are contributing to both growth and profitability”.
Gudmundur Palmason, CEO
For further information please contact Gudmundur Palmason, CEO, Strax AB, +46 8 545 01750
This information is information that Strax AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08:55 CET on May 23 2017.
Följande filer finns att ladda ned:
STRAX Q1 2017
pr Q1 2017 Eng